Below are brief overviews of the completed ACoRNS projects.
- The Participation of Children with Autism in Decision-Making: A Case Study of One School
- Investigating the numbers of Children in Care with Autism
- Exploring the experiences of primary to secondary transition for children with Autism – student, teacher & parental perspectives
- How Do Children on the Autism Spectrum Experience Transitions in Primary School?
- Managing educational transition for autistic chidlren from pre-school to primary education
- Exploring the experiences of horizontal transition and the upcoming vertical transition to primary school from the perspectives of young autistic children and their parents and the staff at an inclusive nursery setting
- The Voices and Experiences of Autistic Children, and Their Families, in Preparing for their Transitions from Nursery to Primary School
- Exploring the views and perspectives of siblings of autistic students in residential school
Investigating the numbers of Children in Care with Autism
This project analysed the results of a Freedom of Information enquiry made by a parent in Jan-March 2017 to 151 Local Authorities in England regarding the number of children in care with a diagnosis of autism. A link to the published paper can be found here.